Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Lever House

Had lunch today at this new-to-me restaurant, Lever House (390 Park Avenue, NY, NY 10022; tel: 212 888 2700). The chef, Dan Silverman, is good. He sent out a small intermezzo course (one of the benefits of the work I do) of scallops with fava beans in mildly spicy tomato sauce. The service was also very good. Lever House was the first post-Bauhaus building on Park Avenue and created quite a stir when it was built. It is still beautiful, but hardly seems radical anymore.

I had lunch with a vastly agreeable man, David Sweeney, who does special sales of William Morrow, a division of HarperCollins, the publisher of many of my books. If you go to www.harpercollins.com, there should be a link to the Morrow cookbook material. Try it and see. In a few days, I will put the link in the friends section reached from my home page: bkafka.com.

No comments: