Monday, June 7, 2010

GREAT PRODUCE

As I have written before, I almost never give commercial product names; but I am going to make an exception.
This past weekend, a friend brought me from a local super market an amazing assortment of fingerling potatoes. I looked at the labels and found that they came from Melissa's in California. I caled them and they couldn't have been nicer. They also directed me to their web site: melissas.com. Go yourself. it's a revelation.
They have rare vegetables and fruits and they ship.
Their fresh mangosteens while still expensive are not as prohibitive as the ones I had previously bought. Since they are almost in the real world, the recipe for mangosteen ice cream will be our next recipe of the week.
Also look for the peanut potatoes on their web site. Terrific

No comments: