Saturday, March 29, 2008

Artichoke Risotto Recipe & Super Sauce Recipe

After many promises, the Artichoke Risotto Recipe is finally up as the Weeks Recipe.

Super Sauce was new last night. I was serving lamb chops, broiled mushrooms (recipe tomorrow) and microwave baked acorn squash (timings below) and wanted something that would go with everything. Today, I had shrimp and salad for lunch and the sauce went equally well with that. I wouldn't try it with dessert, but any veg.

Sauces require tasting and adjustment to your own palate. However, this is the rough outline. I think I used a little more garlic. This time of year it is hard to know in advance how sharp it will be. Another clove or two can be added. In a min chop or blender, 6 cloves garlic, 1 1/2 ounces peeled ginger cut up, 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil, 3 to 4 table spoons lemon juice, 2 to 3 tablespoons wheat-free tamari soy sauce and olive oil to taste--at least 1/4 cup. Whirl the hell out of it until it is a creamy off-white puree. Taste. Thin with more olive oil if desired and add more soy sauce if desired. Makes and ample 3/4 cup or more to serve four normal people and two of me.

No comments: