Sunday, June 3, 2007

Vegetables - a trend?

Usually, I have been uncomfortably ahead of my time without being aware of it until later. Now, I find myself in the odd position of being front and center of a burgeoning movement: the more vegetable centric cookbook. There is Ray Sokolov and in today's times, Amanda Hesser, congratulates both Vegetable Harvest by the always worthy Pat Wells and Viana La Place's My Italian Garden. Pat Wells is more my kind of cook and La Place my kind of garden-inspired cook. I, of course, am an information nut so I have lots of basic definitions and techniques. We all have to start someplace.

Next week look click on recipes on my home page at BKafka.com for some new veg recipes...some with dairy...some with meat...all with me.

I hope coming back from the weekend isn't too hard.

No comments: